Social Media Campaign: Kellogg Biological Station, Summer 2017
Over the Summer of 2017, I worked on a social media campaign for the Kellogg Biological Station located in Hickory Corners, MI. We worked to create visually compelling social media posts that meshed the past history and current science of KBS.
- Communicate science, history, and the mission of the Kellogg Biological Station
- Create sustainable content
- Articulate complex ideas in an engaging and accurate manner across multiple platforms
- Work within the character limit of Twitter
- Create compelling visuals
Tools: DSLR camera, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe InDesign, WordPress, Hootsuite, Facebook, Facebook scheduler, Twitter
Pictured above is the timeline and a portion of the webpage that houses the project. Below shows a contrast between the information provided in the Facebook posts versus that provided in the Twitter.
As well as comparing character count, above shows the images created for the campaign. All posts used the hashtags #kbsthenandnow and #90years, to celebrate the 90th university of the donation of KBS lands.
View the entire project here.